My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mallorykriegerphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Black-Out

The other day I was hard at work on my computer. It was about 5:00 in the afternoon and Malakai was sound asleep during his second nap of the day and all of a sudden I was overcome with extreme tiredness....is that a word? Anyways, I got up to go to the couch to lay down only to collapse on the floor while simultaneously beginning to black out. I crawled to the couch where I began to call anyone I could think of that could help me and of course, the time when you need someone the most, no one answers. : ( I was panicking by the time I got a hold of my brother...I'm in tears and in the midst of passing out, terrified b/c I have no idea what was happening. To make a long story short, my sister-n-law's sister, who lives a couple streets over rushed over with her two girls. I barely made it to the front door to let her in before running and collapsing on the couch again. So, literally, for the next 2-3 hours, I could not sit up or stand up, and I was EXTREMELY tired...I had to force my eyes to stay open. I couldn't even get up off the couch to get Malakai out of bed. It was really scary, to say the least. Jason got home and Melody left and we were trying to figure out whether to go to the emergency room or not. The whole thing was weird b/c I wasn't sick, just EXTREMELY tired and dizzy. I started thinking I had been drugged or the yogurt I had eaten about 5 minutes before this happened maybe had something bad in it...salmonella? I don't know. OK, so I'm laying on the couch going through everything I had eaten that day when it dawns on me....about 30 minutes before I started feeling like this, I had gone into the kitchen to take ibuprofen for a back-ache. Earlier that day, I had given my dog benadryl for his allergies (vet told me to, don't worry) and I had realized that the pills looked extremely similar, just different colors....even the bottles were similar. I realized when I went in the kitchen to take ibuprofen, I had swallowed two pink pills....benadryl. For those of you that have never taken benadryl, you won't know what I'm talking about, but for those of you that know how bad it can jack you up, you will understand. I have never in my life taken more than one benadryl and about a year ago, I stopped taking the stuff when I was sick b/c I wouldn't even be able to walk or hold my head up...it was horrible. And I had taken two of those things...basically sleeping pills. OK, so after I figured it all out, I was basically jumping for joy that I didn't have a tumor or blood clot, or any of the other scary things that had gone through my head, however, what a scary thing! I totally overdosed on basically a sleeping pill! If Melody wouldn't have come to my rescue, I probably would have fallen asleep and woken up two hours later when Jason got home and poor Malakai would have been stuck in his crib!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You worry me.

Becky said...

I would have totally freaked out if that happened to me - crazy!! And I'm not gonna lie - I thought the whole time you were going to tell us at the end it was because you were pregnant. ha!!